Have you been looking at kids play kitchens thinking they’re too big, but you wish to find a smaller choice just to see if they will like it?
The weather is finally getting warmer, your children are playing outdoor the best part of the day, summer vacation is on its way. They really enjoy playing outside but they also want to play with their kitchen toy.
This is what you’re looking for: the play grill with sounds.
It’s not as big as a kitchen set, you can place it on their little table or simply on the floor, so they can have access to it. If they want to play outside, they can carry it, as it’s light and small.
Barbecue weekend? Let your little grill-master pretend to have his own barbecueq!
We know what it’s like to have your child chasing you and constantly asking for you to let them do everything that you do. When you’re having a barbecue, grilling anything can be a challenge with a child. So why not let them have their own pretend play grill? They can watch you do it, and then they can do it themselves, in a safe environment, where they cannot get hurt.
Why should you get it?
- REALISTIC SOUNDS: The toy having great sizzling sounds and reddish lights makes the pretend play seem realistic, thus engaging your kid.
- INDOOR OR OUTDOOR: As it’s smaller than a kitchen set, you can move it around easily. It also has a sturdy built so it’s perfect for both toddlers and children, for indoor or outdoor play.
- CREATIVE PLAY: It’s one of the best kitchen role play ideas, it stimulates creativity and imagination, while promoting learning.
- MOTOR SKILLS DEVELOPMENT: Your kid will enhance his motor skills while playing with the play grill, using its sounds, lights and accessories.
What to keep in mind when searching for a play grill?
As you know, the plastic versions might come at a lower price, but if you want a more durable toy, I’d suggest you opt for a wooden one. There are ways of doing it yourself, as well. However you choose to have it, make sure it’s safe for the kids and there aren’t any dangerous edges or small pieces if you’re getting it for your toddler.
Find a toy that best suits your child’s height, so they can access all its parts easily. There are some options that are smaller and need to be set up on a table, or if you prefer, you can choose one that’s approximately the height of your kid.
- Realistic appearance
This is an important criterion, because children appreciate realistic role play, so you should look for something that looks like a real grill. If you can’t find something that looks like your real grill you can also try to do it yourself from an old cabinet.
It would be better to choose one that has many accessories, however, if needed you can always buy more accessories later on. You can very well use the accessories from the kitchen toy. Some kitchen sets come with many vegetables, so they can use them on the grill and make a nice grilled vegetables salad. If you don’t have one, then I strongly recommend getting an apron and some oven gloves, this way they actively learn that they have to protect their hands from the heat.
ROLE PLAY IDEAS WITH THE PLAY GRILL
- Pretend play family barbecue: Great idea even when you are actually having a family barbecue, adults will use the real grill, while the children will use their toy one. That way you can all get busy and have loads of fun. Make sure to taste their pretend food and praise their grilling skills, so you’ll encourage them to do it again.
- Pretend play grill restaurant: This one is also suitable for a family get together, they can all pretend order food and the children will take their orders and then grill them something and serve them. Keep the compliments coming so they feel confident and keep on enjoying their games, that will be a win-win situation.
Here are some nice choices:
6 Play grill with sounds
This one is a great option because it can also be used as a kitchen. It’s also very easy to move, and it has lots of accessories and foods included.
CUTE STONE 2-in-1 Kids Kitchen & Grill PlaysetCheck on Amazon
A portable version of a play grill, perfect for trips or vacations, as well. You can pack it up in your car easily, as it’s little and light.
Nature Bound BBQ Grill Cookout Camp StoveCheck on Amazon
I find this to be a very fine version, low budget but still nicely accesorised so the kids can play with it and have a lot of fun, it has realistic sound features and a brightly colored design.
LBLA Barbecue BBQ Cooking Kitchen Toy with Light and Sounds
A very realistic looking play grill, looks very similar to a gas grill, it has a cute little sink and towel bar and it’s perfect for outdoor play as well as indoor play.
Little Tikes Backyard Barbeque Get Out 'N GrillCheck on Amazon
A very nice portable play grill that makes smoke with the help of a water vaporizer, how cool is that? It’s completely safe for toddlers, the material is soft and durable.
AugToy Kids Play Food Grill with Pretend SmokeCheck on Amazon
It is a fine choice for outdoor play, it is made of plastic and easy to move. The sounds of sizzling and the reddish lights makes it look very realistic.
BBQ Grill Toy SetCheck on Amazon
Can you picture your next family barbecue with a play grill with sounds? It will be a game changer
, I guarantee. I can’t wait for the summer to come and get our play grill outside, and then put a blanket on the grass for us to enjoy a lovely picnic. Luckily for us, we will get to choose from real food and toy food, we will get to role play, pretend to taste, have lots of fun and enjoy the sunny days together.